Thursday, January 9, 2014

My breakfast

Hey everyone!
Today I'd like to share with you a little recipe that I have been using to help cleanse my body.  I have been looking for a way to eat healthy first thing in the morning, yet it be packed with tons of nutrients, antioxidants...and it be VEGAN!  It only has 4 ingredients, and the last ingredient is optional.

1/2 - 1 tbsp MATCHA (with Matcha preparation tools ; will list in the preparation section)
8-16 fl oz. HOT WATER (purified)
1 tsp - 1 1/2 tsp APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
BROWN SUGAR OR RAW HONEY (about a pinch or 2, depending upon how sweet you want it.  This ingredient is optional.)

TO PREPARE THE MATCHA
Here are a few facts about Matcha.
Here are a few facts about Apple Cider Vinegar.

Let's begin!
1. In a separate cup, heat your water, or CHANOYU.  Chanoyu means hot water for tea in Japan.
2. While your water is heating, put your Matcha in your teacup, or whatever you are going to use to prepare it in.  I recommend that it be a wide surface.   Traditionally, you would use a CHAWAN to prepare it in.
3.  Taking a spoon, measure out about 2 tbsp of water and place in your bowl.  Using your CHASEN, or bamboo whisk (If you don't have a Chasen, you can use a small whisk or the back of a spoon) to create a paste, or if you used too much water, a concentrated liquid.  Some people only use this step for crazy energy bursts.
4.  Add your apple cider vinegar and sweetener.  Adding it at this stage ensures that everything will be combined properly.
5.  Slowly adding your water, use your Chasen to combine.  Using a chasen will create a foam on top.  Make sure that you are not touching the bottom of your cup/bowl/etc. because that could mess up your whisk.
6.  Add the rest of your water, and repeat #5.

And taste.


On another note:
1. A friend of mine will be visiting from California for a couple of weeks, so January is going to be pretty crazy. I will try to do another couple of posts this month, but I cannot make any guarantees.  I will, however, be doing an Imbolc post this year, so that is something to look forward to.
2. I also understand that most of my posts lately are Pagan related, and I feel good about the direction it is going in.
3.  There will be a design revamp in a few weeks or earlier.

No comments :

Post a Comment